Following the death of drummer Martin “Kiddie” Kearns, old school death metal band Bolt Thrower came to its end in 2016. A few weeks later, Frank Healy’s (Benediction) father passed away. Since then, Bolt Thrower vocalist Karl Willets and Healy have joined forces to create a new project featuring members of Benediction, Life Denied, and Bolt Thrower. Memoriam is in a similar vein to Bolt Thrower boasting their brutal death metal sound and super heavy guitar tone. Their main focuses in their songs are on themes like death, loss, and war. The UK band formed in 2016 and has since released two demos. The first full length album, ‘For the Fallen’ is set to be released via Nuclear Blast Records on March 24th. The album was recorded in about two weeks at Hellfire Studios but took four weeks to get the mix finished exactly as they wanted it done. ‘For the Fallen’ was produced by Ajeet Gill (Hellbastard, Dark Forest, Element) and artwork was created by Dan Seagrave (Benediction, Dismember, Hypocrisy, Suffocation). You can pre-order the album here. Continue reading
- The Bucketlist With Raf Salazar From LOADED GUNS!
- Review: PARADISE LOST – ‘Medusa’
- LINKIN PARK Working On A ‘Special Public Event’ In Los Angeles To Honor Chester Bennington
- Review: I WILL KILL CHITA (IWKC) – ‘Hladikarna’ [Album Stream]
- THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER Reveal New Album Details, ‘Nightbringers’ & Video For Title Track