Experimental rock group Primus has just announced the release date and title of their upcoming album. On September 29th, ‘The Desaturating Seven’ will be unleashed to the public via ATO Records. They also released the first song off the record, which they have also been playing live this summer. “The Seven” is a groove filled monster that sounds like it belongs on any of their old school albums. Les Claypool even compares it to King Crimson‘s 1981 record ‘Disciple’. The album is based on a 1978 children’s book called “The Rainbow Goblins” written and illustrated by Italian writer Ul de Rico. It will be the band’s first record since ‘Tales From The Punchbowl’ (1995) that features Larry LaDonde and Tim “Herb” Alexander back in the band. I can’t wait to see how many more twists and turns the band takes. They also added more US tour dates in the fall set to kick off towards mid October. Be sure to pre-order the record here with several other bundle pack options as well. You can check out album artwork, the track list, and all of Primus‘ tour dates below. Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”