“I might be lonely, but I ain’t alone here, so I keep on pushing the limits of what makes me” is one of the lines Asking Alexandria vocalist Danny Worsnop belts in the kick-off of the band’s fifth, and self-titled album’s opening track; “Alone In A Room”. It’s also the most definitive line of the entire record in that it describes Danny’s willingness to continue to expand himself in multiple unexpected directions as a musician. For a man who has dabbled in sonic equivalents of both love letters to the 80’s glam rock he grew up adoring and tell-all emotional country, it might come as a bit of or maybe no shock at all that he opens this record with a swaying vocal style that recalls more Usher and less Sammy Hagar. And if you think that’s his lone hat trick on this excursion, you are quite mistaken. Continue reading
- Positive Brilliance In Stayne Thee Angel’s “Time & the Hourglass”!
- THE CONTORTIONIST Announces The Clairvoyant North American Tour & The Stories We Tell Ourselves Tour with headliner Nothing More!
- Interview: Woody Weatherman Says “Punk Was Huge For Corrosion of Conformity.”
- State Of The Art: CATATONIC PROFANATION!
- An Interview With Indian Brutal Death Metallers GUTSLIT [Video]