This Friday night I found myself in slightly unfamiliar territory, covering a live performance by The Birthday Massacre, Army of the Universe and Sumo Cyco. I had not seen live performances of any of the genres that these bands are a part of, let alone the bands. My musical preference is usually harder, heavier, darker, abrasive and loaded with blistering guitar work. I have wanted to explore reviewing works of other genres for a while now. This Friday night after the end of a frenetic work week was a good one to buck this trend. Largely due to my lack of supreme expertise with these styles of music, this review is an assessment of the bands’ overall feel of the music, the live performance and the interaction with the crowd. Continue reading
- AEROSMITH Cancels Tour Dates As Steven Tyler Seeks Immediate Medical Help
- BLACK VEIL BRIDES Announce US & EU Tour With Asking Alexandria And Crown The Empire!
- Live On The Lot 2017: Bowling Green Local Bands Festival [Photo Gallery]
- State Of The Art : MALSUMIS
- Album Review – WARFARING STRANGERS: ACID NIGHTMARES