What can be said about John 5 that has not been said a thousand times by ten thousand different people since his meteoric rise in the music business started way back when he moved to Los Angeles from Michigan at the ripe old age of 17? Hell, his resume reads like a veritable who’s who in a wide variety of genres, playing and writing with the likes of Rudy Sarzo, David Lee Roth, Paul Stanley, Marilyn Manson, Rob Halford, Rob Zombie all the way to John Wetton (Asia), Salt–N–Pepa, Ricky Martin, k.d. lang, Meat Loaf, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many, many others. One hot commodity, to say the least! Now, guitarist friends and I might say that it is his guitar playing that makes him stand apart from the rest of the crowd. Big surprise with influences like Malmsteen, Satch, Vai, Hendrix, Page, Albert Lee, Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Paul Gilbert, Bumblefoot, Jim Root, Buckethead and Eric Johnson. Others may think that it is the company that he keeps and the bands that he has played and written for that makes him great. Still others may hold the opinion that he is just plain fun to watch live. Well, I am here to tell you that all three apply to this wizard of six-string sorcery, especially having just recently been initiated into John 5 and The Creatures live show at 1904 Music Hall here in Jacksonville, FL.
- Legendary Ex-MISFITS Front-Man MICHALE GRAVES Brings His “The Beginning Of The End Tour 2018” To Europe
- DESPISED ICON Come-back Headliner In London, UK! [Review + Photo Gallery]
- The Bucketlist with Phil Freeman of SMALL TOWN TITANS
- State Of The Art: Vermont’s LIGHTCRUSHER [Album Stream]
- Ep 139 Ryan J Downey (Speak N’ Destroy) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast