We are very surprised about the lineup. Not saying it’s bad and not saying it’s great we just expected something different. Of course Red Hot Chili Peppers has a great fan base, but I expected someone slightly different. We happened to get about 11-12 bands right in our prediction. Megadeth is a major draw for thrash fans and the festival. Some of the bands lower down the list that are much deserving of stage time are Sevendust, Glorious Sons, and Monster Truck. One of the bands that surprised me was At The Drive In. I have been a longtime fan of the band and even the band that launched out of it The Mars Volta. I had no idea that At The Drive In (ATDI) was even back together, and looking through their Facebook they haven’t made a post since 2013 so this should come as a shock to most. The band is super energetic on stage and should create a lot of buzz after their set. As Motley Crue is just finishing up their ‘final tour” it looks like Nikki Sixx is going to spend more time with his project Sixx: Am. To be honest there isn’t really any filler bands on the list. Each band could hold their own on a smaller scale tour. Clutch, Ghost, Avatar, The Sword, Wilson and others are amazing bands that can easily pack a venue by themselves. I expected a much larger set of headliners but they added a tremendous amount of good bands rather than a couple huge headliners and filler bands. I expect a couple more bands to be added and look for some surprises at the festival.
- Album Review: FRIENDSHIP – Ain’t No Shame (Kozmik Artifactz)
- Brandan Schieppati (Bleeding Through) “We Helped Pioneer A Fucking Genre…We’ll Never Be Forgotten About”
- Ep. 154 Brandan Schieppati (Bleeding Through) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- CLUTCH, THE BRONX, RED FANG & FIREBALL MINISTRY Rock The Bluegrass State [Review & Gallery]
- GATECREEPER To Kick Off The Sweltering Ecstasy North American Co-Headlining Tour w/ FULL OF HELL