How to Pass Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching Certification Exams in the First Attempt
If you want to become a networking professional in the IT industry, then the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP courses are the best to choose. Out of the various certifications that Cisco offers, the Routing and Switching certification is highly sought after. This certification helps to prove a candidate’s ability to implement, plan, verify as well as troubleshoot LAN and WAN systems and work in a collaborative environment with expert on voice, advanced security, video and wireless solutions. To excel in the field of networking, you must take up the CCNP Routing and Switching Certification. For this, you should have at least a year’s work experience, and then you can use this certification for advanced learning.
After acquiring this certification, you can work on complicated network fixing and get hired for enterprise appearance like as support engineer, network engineer, network technician or systems engineer. This certification provides a solid base as these knowledge and skills are highly related in the physical as well as virtualized network foundations. In order to get the CCNP Routing and Switching Certification, one must pass three exams namely Route (300-101), TSHOOT (300-135) and SWITCH (300-115).
It may seem daunting to prepare for three exams at a time, but with strategic planning and determination, you can pass it even in the first time. Here are a few things that you must follow while preparing for the certification.
What must you know and study for the CCNP exams?
You should have skills as well as knowledge for the CCNA-level CCNP exams:
- Some candidates might think that just studying the brain dumps and memorizing the study material would be enough to pass these exams. This might help some candidates to clear the OSPF exam, but the same case is not applicable for the CCNP ROUTE Exam. The CCNA composite exam is not for those who memorizes things; you must also have a strong foundation of basic concepts and some work experience too. Do not consider yourself too educated to go back and learn the fundamentals.
- Command line interface is the best way to study troubleshooting and configuration. Although this is not a written rule, if you want to pass in the TSHOOT and ROUTE exams then you must spend at least 50% of your time in IOS. The number of questions associated with Simulations is the highest in the TSHOOT exam, whereas the SWITCH and ROUTE exams too have these type of questions. If you do not have proficiency in command line interface related questions, then you cannot pass this certification for sure.
- Write a lot and revise on a timely basis: While preparing for the certification course, you will come across several new concepts and questions. Whenever you learn something new, it is important to note it down, and then you should periodically revise those topics. Start and focus on topics on which you have the least experience or find the most difficult. You can even sort the questions based on categories or subjects. Writing down can clear up your misconceptions, shows how much you don’t know and becomes your unique de-factor study guide.
- A lot to learn: there are a lot of topics that are included in the syllabus of this exam, and few of them are pretty much in depth. You should focus on topics according to their strength in the exam, as you cannot study all of them in depth. Some people may get confused or frustrated with these many topics. You should not try to skip and understand the concepts.
Trainings Available for CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
You must opt for Cisco-approved ExamSnap Cisco CCNP Certification Practice Test & video training courses for this certification. It has trainings for each of the subjects. Various training available are:
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE): In this training, candidates can learn to configure, plan, and prove the accomplishment of a secure WAN and LAN routing solutions for enterprises. You will learn about routing protocols.
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH): Here you can get training in planning, configuring and verifying the accomplishment of complex switching solutions at the enterprise level using the Cisco’s Campus Enterprise Architecture.
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT): In this course, students going to learn about planning and performing maintenance on switched networks and complex enterprise routing. Also, it includes an organized ITIL compliant way and technology-based practices for network troubleshooting.
Exams You Must Pass to Get This Certification
In order to earn Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching certification, an individual must pass following exams:
- 300-101 ROUTE: This exam assesses a candidate’s ability in routing knowledge. The exam is known as Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE 300-101), and it qualifies a candidate for the CCNP and CCDP certifications. In this certification advanced routing and IP addressing certification are provided, and candidate proves his ability to implement highly secure and scalable Cisco routers connected to IPv6, LANs, and WANs.
- 300-115 SWITCH: This is the exam for the CCDP and CCNP certifications of Cisco. This proves the candidate’s knowledge of switching. Certification ensures that the candidate is proficient to plan, configure and verify the implementation of switching solutions of high complexity by making use of the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
- 300-135 TSHOOT: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks v2 or TSHOOT (300-135) exam is necessary for Cisco CCNP certification. It certifies that the individual has the necessary skills and knowledge to:
- Plan as Well as do routine maintenance work on complicated enterprise routes as well as switched networks.
- Make use of a systematic ITIL compliant approach and best practices based on technology in order to perform troubleshooting of the network.
It is important to note that the certifications namely Cisco Professional level certifications such as CCNP Cloud, CCDP, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Security, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Wireless and CCNP Service Provider they’re valid for a period of only three years after which recertification is required.