Hailing from Tampa, Florida, Sin Scythe (Kevin Nichols) is the one-man mastermind behind the brutally dark and aggressive, blackened death metal project Element of Eclipse. On wax, you’d never know by the immense atmospheric sound that it was created and performed solely by one person. Scythe recorded his first demo for Element of Eclipse back in 2003 and has since released five full-length albums, with 2015’s ‘HeretiKvlt Manifesto’ being the most recent. The first album ‘Apocalyptic Life’ (2006) was an all-acoustic project with synth and vocals that began laying the groundwork for much heavier things to come. As a distinct evolution from his acoustic beginnings – and packed with high-speed, distorted riffing and blast beats – ‘HeretiKvlt Manifesto,’ is one of Scythe’s most refined and crushing works to date, improving upon the format that was solidified on the previous two records. With a sound that’s equal parts Immortal and ‘Alters of Madness’-era Morbid Angel, Element of Eclipse delivers powerful extreme metal with a well-executed and crisp production value that propels the music’s power and atmosphere to the limits. Continue reading
- WHITECHAPEL Guitarist Alludes To Completion of Seventh Album!
- MIKE SHINODA Brings Emotional Performance To Charlotte [Review & Photo Gallery]
- BRING ME THE HORIZON Releases Second Track ”Wonderful Life” Of Their Upcoming Record ‘Amo’ And It Is Groovy!
- The Amity Affliction, Dream State, The Plot In You Dominate In Bristol, UK [Review + Photo Gallery]
- CARNAL DECAY Releases A Music Video Of ”When Push Comes To Shove” And It is Horrid!