- KAMELOT, DELAIN, BATTLE BEAST In Silver Spring, MD [Review & Photo Gallery]
- SKELETONWITCH Presents Catchy And Riff Filled New Track, “Fen Of Shadows”!
- HOGAN’S GOAT New Music Video, “Shit Kicker” Truly Gets The Shit Out Of Your Way!
- Ep. 150 Max Cavalera 3 (Soulfly) Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- Max Cavalera Describes Upcoming SOULFLY Album as “Tribal Death Thrash”
They are undoubtedly at the forefront of innovation in the world of progressive metal and often recognized for early movements in the djent scene. UK-based five piece, TesseracT, are about to grace the world with their fourth LP, ‘Sonder.’ As an experiment founded in 2003 by guitarist Acle Kahney, the band continues to push the boundaries of what it means to be a modern progressive band. ‘Sonder’ will be singer, Daniel Tompkin’s second album back after his 2011 departure and subsequent return in 2014. Kscope will release this album on April 20, 2018. It was recorded at 4D Sounds, Celestial Sounds and Project Studios. TesseracT, alongside Aiden O’Brien, engineered ‘Sonder’ while mastering was completed by Kahney.
Strictly from their sound, it is almost hard to believe this symphonic power metal outfit comes from Tampa, Florida. Since 1991, founder and guitarist Thomas Youngblood has been the mastermind behind the entity that is Kamelot. A change of frontmen in 2011, however, reignited a flame for the band. Swedish singer, Tommy Karevik (Ayreon, Seventh Wonder) took the place of Roy Khan and has since elevated Kamelot to exponential heights. ‘The Shadow Theory’ is the twelfth album in their discography, released on Napalm Records and produced by Sascha Paeth who has been perfecting their sound since 1999’s The Fourth Legacy. Continue reading