Ape Cave are a talented band from the musically rich city of Portland, Oregon. I have become addicted to their unique sound since hearing their latest release ‘Pillars of Evolution’. The album dropped on January 1st, 2016 getting the year off to an amazing start. The album boasts a mixture of both doom and psychedelia throughout. In addition to being a great album in general it also made my Best of 2016 list coming in at number 8. Ape Cave has now released a new video for the track “Ego Death” from that album. You can read the full review of the album here. The video was filmed by Karl Whinnery and Josh Whinnery of HKMusic. The video includes the band playing the song outdoors, and follows the lead character as he travels through a rural area experiencing various things. The lead character is freshly head shaven lead vocalist Nathan Nielson. The song has an overwhelmingly creepy tone that pairs well with the lead character. I’ve said before about their music that it would be a phenomenal soundtrack to a creepy thriller movie and it seems like the band has approached the video in that fashion.
- Review: HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY – ‘Arson’ [Track Stream]
- Anvil Set To Fire Up “Pounding the Pavement”
- JOHN 5 “I Don’t Really Quit Bands Even When It Gets Really Bad”
- Ep. 134 John 5 (Rob Zombie) // Bob Nalbandian – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- Review: Flaw Lands In Jacksonville, FL and Tears Up 1904 Music Hall